Thursday, March 13, 2014

I Love Multi-cultural Weddings!!

Our first wedding of the 2014 season kicked off last weekend at Poplar Grove Plantation was amazing. The bride was gorgeous and the day was a perfect 70 degrees in Wilmington NC. She is of Arabic descent and the groom is an all American guy and a member of The Hampstead Yacht and Tractor Club. The ceremony was amazing out by the gazebo and the reception in the old barn was a rockin party. The appetizers were hand made by the bride's family and a real treat consisting of Stuffed Grape Leaves, Hummus and a few other dishes I won't even begin to attempt to spell here lol.

I kicked off the party with my usual energy as I announced the New couple and they went right into their first dance which was played and sung by their minister who was very talented on guitar. I played an array of selections made by the bride from the 70's to modern Top 40. The best part of the night though was when the Father of the Bride helped me find some authentic Lebanese music. At first it was only her side dancing the traditional Arabic dances, but it didn't take long for quite a few others to join in. I will be posting video clips on my You Tube page when I get everything edited to perfection.  I have another wedding this weekend and I can't wait to tell you all about it.

This is gonna be a great Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment